BridgeChecker is a WiFi auto switch utility for Windows that can automatically disable/enable wireless interfaces. Whenever your computer is connected to an Ethernet port and the link state is good, the utility can automatically turn off the IEEE 802.11 wireless network interface. This conserves IP address allocation, reduces security risks, resolves dual interface routing issues, and prolongs battery life.
Please be aware – BridgeChecker is meant to be a silent application, running hidden in the background, with no need for end user action. This manual is meant only for the person deploying the program. The end users are not meant to configure settings on their own.
BridgeChecker for Windows (Fully Featured)
- Purchase BridgeChecker for Windows
- Compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10
- Requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 for Microsoft
Recommended Usage Scenarios
- Disable wireless NIC and other NICs that are not considered primary by the user in the case that a primary interface (Such as Ethernet, or a similarly connected docking station) is connected to network
- Enable only one network adapter at a time
- Disable wireless on boot up/shutdown
- Release IP addresses to conserve IP address space